Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Gas Generator Won't Start

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I live in Kosovo and I have an ACME generator, made in Italy.
It is fairly new and has been recently serviced, although it is
difficult to get it serviced.

My problem is that when I try to start it- with a full tank, the fuel
on, choke on and on button on and a good looking spark plug- it starts
for about 4 seconds and then dies, not to be started again until I've
regained my patience, which is usually the next day.

I need this machine for the work I do and was wondering if anyone can
give me any tips on what to look at.

Pull the plug after it stalls. Is it wet? If so, use less choke.

If not, try squirting a little gas into the carb after it stalls. Does it
restart then? If so, you have a fuel supply problem. Filter, float,
water in fuel, etc.

Bob