Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Outdoor outlets and GFCI

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:22:49 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I am planning to put two adjacent outdoor duplex outlets on an Edison
circuit (shared neutral). Obviously they should be GFCI protected, but I
am wondering which is the best way to do this, both from the NEC point
of view and from a convenience point of view.

The three options I see a

1. Two separate GFCI outlets -- the cheapest solution, AFAICS.

2. Two separate GFCI breakers.

3. Ganged GFCI breakers (separate breakers with a handle tie -- if
available for Cutler-Hammer CH)

4. 2-pole GFCI breaker -- probably the most expensive solution.

Have I missed any? Which would be best?

I didn't think you could make a GFCI outlet work
on an edison circut.