Posted to alt.home.repair
John Lawrence John Lawrence is offline

Default Gas Generator Won't Start

I lost the original post however I wanted to mention that you may not need a
choke in Kosovo because of the heat of the ambient air. You may be flooding
it.
"Goedjn" wrote in message
news
On 26 Nov 2006 12:32:56 -0800, wrote:

Hello. I live in Kosovo and I have an ACME generator, made in Italy.
It is fairly new and has been recently serviced, although it is
difficult to get it serviced.

My problem is that when I try to start it- with a full tank, the fuel
on, choke on and on button on and a good looking spark plug- it starts
for about 4 seconds and then dies, not to be started again until I've
regained my patience, which is usually the next day.

I need this machine for the work I do and was wondering if anyone can
give me any tips on what to look at.

Thank you,

Clogged fuel line/filter?