Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default need advice on gas range

ap wrote:
Hello,
We have had a whirlpool gas range with electronic ignition. The range
is about 7 years old and gives us trouble sparking the pilot light. It
takes
a while to light up and there is some gas smell.

We are fairly heavy users of the stove and home cook all meals.

We are considering purchasing a new range. A few questions:

Some stores carry the older pilot light models (w/o the electronic
ignition).
Are these models better in terms of lighting up immediately?

Which models/brands do you recommend and have worked well for you?

Also, with gas ranges, do you occasionally smell gas and does your
pilot light ever
go out?

thank you!

That sort of thing usually means the burners are dirty. A few minutes
with a wire brush should help.