Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Wolf Chris Wolf is offline

Default Basement Shop, Narrow Stairs--Table Saw?

Prometheus wrote:

My Delta contractor's saw (36-680) came in three seperate boxes- and I
brought it home in the trunk of a car.

Thanks, that's the type of description I needed.

While I do like the DeWalt
for what it is- it may not fit your needs if you're looking for a
"real" saw, and are only looking at it because it's easier to get into
the house..

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Dewalt saw. I'm referring to the
$950 DW746X, which was an Editor's choice in American Woodworker over
competitors such as the $850 Delta 36-431 contractor's saw, and which got good
reviews from other magazines. The advantage it offers for my small shop is the
cabinet-saw-like design. Since the motor doesn't hang off the back, it doesn't
require as much floor space.

Is there anyone here who has this saw who can describe how it's packaged when
you buy it? Thanks.