Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default BasePump, was Space limitations on back up sump pump.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:56:12 -0500, mm
wrote:

Just a couple questions:

The current sump pump output has mortar or cement around the exit
pipe. Would it work as well for this 3/4 inch pipe if I just used
the aerosol insulation they sell for filling cracks?

Can I use PEX pipe for the output? It seems like it bends and that
would make running the pipe easier.

I can't tell how big the thing is, and I haven't found specs. Will it

Never mind. I found it listed and it's 11 inches long.

fit between two floor joists on 16 inch centers? If not, I'll run it
sideways, but I'd like to know.