Old Nick

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:00:46 -0800, Ken Cutt
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I actually have a bucket and arms from an old bobcat lying around.
When I mentioned in machinery circles that I was thinking of fitting
them to my tractor, some guy said "Well, I hope you've got the
geometry right" Naturally I said yes. Then I started to think about it
all......

It's a fascinating idea, but quite a project, and with
expensive/dangerous consequences if done wrongly. I shudder to think
waht would happen if a loader arm let go while I was sitting in the
tractor, because a pin bent or broke.

Your mention of steering rings a bell, Ken. My little Zetor has no
power steering. It would have been useless with a loader anyway.

It must have been something to have the fron drop with a full load. I
have losta wheel, with just a plough on the back and that was alarming
enough.

Hi Don
I think Nick had a lot of sound points well worth listening to . Common
Hydralic systems these days tend to run from 2500 to 4000 PSI . The rams
, pump , controls and hoses all have to match the maximum setting to

snip

Spike....Spike? Hello?