Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default getting rid of rats

In article ,
says...
I liked the 5 gallon bucket idea, but I wasn't clear on how to get them
to go into it willingly. I don't have oats, so need another temptation
for them, plus, how to rig the bucket???

I did not see the 5 gallon bucket idea but a roof rat can jump about 3
feet straight up so jumping out of a bucket is no big deal

The 5 gal bucket trick is to fill it 3/4 up with water. Place a layer of
bird seed (oats) on the water..make a ramp with a board with a light
trail of the bird seed up the board...rodent works itself up the ramp
then drops down on to the birdseed in the bucket thinking it is solid
footing.
--
Lar
---- to email get rid of the BUGS!