Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Gas Generator Won't Start

In article .com,
) says...
Hello. I live in Kosovo and I have an ACME generator, made in Italy.
It is fairly new and has been recently serviced, although it is
difficult to get it serviced.

My problem is that when I try to start it- with a full tank, the fuel
on, choke on and on button on and a good looking spark plug- it starts
for about 4 seconds and then dies, not to be started again until I've
regained my patience, which is usually the next day.

I need this machine for the work I do and was wondering if anyone can
give me any tips on what to look at.

Go through the fuel system. Have you replaced the fuel filter? That's
a cheap thing to try, and never hurts. Disconnect the fuel line at the
carburetor to make sure you are getting fuel that far. If so, the
carburetor is the next thing to service. Order a carburetor rebuild kit
before you start, then dismantle it and give it a thorough cleaning.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.