Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Florida bookcase tragedy

Sun, Nov 26, 2006, 10:30pm (EST+5) (Pete*C.) doth
sayeth:
It's on CNN as well: snip

Which only proves that CNN picked up the story also.

However, it is quite interesting that CNN has some thingls not
included in the other story, and which do absolutely nothing to make me
less suspicious. If she was that damn tiny, why not just reach behind
the bookcase while standing on the floor, rather than standing on a
bureau and reaching over? In my experience, it would be pretty easy to
tip over a bookcase, especially with the leverage being against a wall
would give you, even someone that small. And, if I walked into a room,
and saw a bookcase that far from a wall, I'd go look behind it,
especially with a "rat" smell coming from "somewhere"; because, if for
nothing else, I'd be looking for a place to set some rat traps and/or
dead rat.

Reporters have lied before; could be the case here, or someone
stuffed her behind there. Or, she was actually that stupid, and died
from it. I'm not a cop on the scene, so don't know. What I do know is,
the information that I do have makes me suspicious that one way or
another this is BS.

quote Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing,
although they did notice a strange smell.
On Nov. 9, Weber's sister went into her bedroom and looked behind a
bookcase, where she saw the woman's foot. Using a flashlight, the family
saw Weber was wedged upside-down behind the unit.
"I'm sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her,"
her mother, Connie Weber, told the St. Petersburg Times. "And she's
right in the bedroom."
Both Weber and her sister previously had adjusted the television plug by
standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her
family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have
fallen headfirst into the space.
"She's a little thing," her mother said. "And the bookcase is 6 feet
tall and solid. And she couldn't get out." end quote

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.