Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Sawstop Cabinet Saw

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:07:29 -0600, RonB wrote:

If the Sawstop turns out to be good, reliable technology, I suspect you will
see others try it in the future.

Not likely until the Sawstop patents expire. He approached the major
manufacturers and was rejected by all of them.

My biggest concern is they are going
to get the Government involved and we will have another safety feature
legislated down our throats. From what I read, that is already in
process.

He tried to get laws passed that would require his device on all saws.
The government told him to go to Hell.

On the other hand, it seems to be a pretty good safety feature. Most of
us think we are safe in the shop. I was telling my wife about my
30-year safety record a few years ago - about a week before I went to
the emergency room.

RonN

"Wilson" wrote in message
ink.net...