Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ricklepickle@gmail.com is offline

Default Wanted table leaf latch non-marring design to allow stacking of leaves

Does any one know where I can get a latch that will clamp the leave on
my table together and still allow me stack the leaves when they are not
in use without scratching them. (I have six leaves)
There just has to be latches being made for the purpose.

I was thinking that there should be a latch mechanism similar to this
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43586,43588
but instead of screwing on to the bottom of the leaf the latches would
be seperate pieces.
I would saw a slanted grove in the bottom of each leaf for the latch to
catch on.

somthing like this

________ | |___________ Top of side table leaf
____///___| |__\\\________ Bottom side of Table has a saw slot
running parralell to joining edges.
Latch Mechanism

There would be a possibility of getting lost when not in use, but extra
ones could be latched on the leaves or ends that are in use.