Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default How do I bleed my radiators?

Paul Franklin wrote:

Open the manual shut off (turn the handle so it is inline with the
pipe).

I believe it is already inline with the pipe from the picture correct?
So once the heat starts working properly I should turn to shut off to
the perpendicular position?

Unscrew the cap that looks like a tire valve cap. Press on
the little pin inside untill all the air flows out and you get some
water flowing out.

I just unscrewed the cap and a little air and some water flowed out for
about 2 seconds then stopped. There was no pin to press down just an
open end. Do I need to do this when the furnace is actually running? -
seems like it could be a little dangerous but I could use gloves to
keep from getting scalded.

Also do I need to do this to all the radiators in the house? The
downstairs ones seem to be working fine so I'd rather not mess with
them if I don't have to.