Posted to rec.woodworking
John B John B is offline

Default Bugger, bugger, bugger

G'day all,
What a **** of a way to end a good day.
I have been making the bench tops for the new kitchen and things went
extremely smooth.
Had to place 2 joins in the laminate and both turned out as near to
perfect as you can get.
Contacted the laminate in place and all that was left was to trim it flush.
Grabbed a new flush trim router bit and away I went everything going so
well that something HAD to HAPPEN.
and it bloody well did !!
The flaming bearing collapsed on the cutter and a nice 3mm chunk was
routed out of the front edge of the top.
After much swearing, I mean a lot of swearing, no I really mean a Bloody
Lot of swearing I settled down and thought it through.
Grabbed a straight edge and clamped it onto the top, put a 19mm bit into
the router and took 3mm of the edge. Turned out OK, but will see if it
is noticeable when the timber edge is put in place.
Top is on the cabinets so it's time for well deserved beer.

Regards
John