Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default electric inline water pump?

Goedjn wrote:

for watering plants. Let's say I wanted to wash my car, is there an
inexpensive portable electric pump that I could use? (I say portable
because I'd like to be able to only buy one pump but use it at either
cistern if I so desired.) Both just have a spigot for discharge.

Or, if you're serious about "inexpensive", you can get a
fitting for an electric drill that regular
garden hose attaches to. Search on "drill pump".

One of those pumps won't develop the pressure that the well pump setup
will, so you won't get a good spray from the hose nozzle. It also won't
shut off when you shut off the hose nozzle which will quickly lead to
it's demise. Also while the pump is pretty cheap, you'll wear out your
drill and the pair don't cost a lot less than the well pump, possible
more if you use a good drill.

Pete C.