Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Save that turkey deepfry oil for biodiesel

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
krw wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ram and CPUs are still the 2 priciest components in a PC !

Sure, but we saw dramatic reductions in the price they once
were, and we wont see anything like that with biodiesel.

The largest cost in most PeeCees these days is not silicon at all.

I wasnt talking about the silicon.

It's that ****e from Redmond.

Wrong. With packaged systems thats a small part of the total price.

You're bending the rules now.

Nope, thats how most buy PCs now.

How much does Dell pay for a CPU eh ?

Irrelevant to whether what comes from MS
is the most expensive part of the system.

No, it's highly relevant since it's likely to be
either the CPU or the OS for most systems.

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

and nothing like it either with packaged systems.

I contend that the OS will cost PC manufacturers
more than the CPU in most systems.

Your problem, you are just plain wrong.