Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default dog tunneling under chain link fence

"Rick Brandt" writes:

wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:40:15 GMT, "Rick Brandt"
wrote:

wrote in message
Are you a complete idiot. Have you ever had a cat and visiting kids.
Cats are usually curled up minding their own business.
A cat can't flee when a kid has a death grip on it. It swipes with it's
front
paw.

You said "Toddler". A cat that can't avoid a toddler is either ancient or
retarded.

FACT asshole: Declawed cats BITE. Cat bites can be very dangerous.

Prove it. I've had several cats, all declawed and none of them ever bit anyone.
Perhaps your biting cats are frustrated over something else?

Personal anecdotes don't amount to proof.

However...

Our cat is declawed. Early on she got excited in our screened in
porch and then turned around and sunk her teeth into my hand.
A few days later I needed to visit a doctor because the wound
got infected. Seemed pretty dangerous to me.

Since then she's gotten me a couple of times.
She can certainly protect herself.

Overall she's a very nice cat, follows us around the house,
comes when called.

Declawed cats should never be let outside.
In most areas, I don't think any cat should be let outside.