Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Sanyo tv snaps and flashes

yea you lost your B+ to the vertical IC or the vertical IC is bad,. but you
should have sound.

im wondering if the secondaries of the FBT aint the same.

"studebaker hawk" wrote in message

David Naylor Wrote:
Homer J Simpson wrote:-
"David Naylor" wrote in message
. ..

-
sounds like the ever famous Sanyo flyback interal leak in the focus
block
section-

Is it the focus block or the flyback?

-
Yeh the focus block is part of the fly back part is about 14 dollars

Well folks, I'm back.... I ordered a new flyback, got it yesterday,
installed it last night and no more snaps or flashes, in fact, I have
no picture or sound at all!!! If I turn the screen knob all the way up
I can get a horizontal line across the screen and with the focus knob I
can make it fat and blurry or narrow and sharp for all the good that
does. I can hear the set click on when turned on, the filiments in the
neck of the tube will get orange although I don't believe at bright as
before, I can feel some static electricity on the outside of the tube,
but no illumination whatsoever and no sound at all through the audio
regardless of whether I have a signal or not.

After I got the old flyback removed, I cleaned the excess solder out of
the holes in the circuit board so I could place the new one, soldered
the connections on the back and replaced all the wires from where they
came from (I drew a diagram beforehand). Anyone have any ideas? My
solder joints all look good. I figured I'd better steer clear of the
Sanyo flybacks so to be on the safe side, I got an ACME brand with a
one year warranty from an outfit in Flordia. You folks think it's my
screwup or the new flyback??? I don't claim to be an Einstein, but
replacing it was pretty much a no brainer. Thanks.

--
studebaker hawk