Posted to rec.woodworking
john john is offline

Default Dusty wet / dry vacuum

bent wrote:
I had a big Craftsman with the optional drywall dust filter bag. Can't
remember how efficient it was with it installed. ie how inefficient. It was
an option for maybe $30, it looked like a big white cloth diaper with a draw
string. No other thoughts.

Hello brent

Did this drywall dust bag cut down on the emissions?
I think that the dust is by passing the filters by taking a different
route, or it got through the original 4 levels of Craftsman filters &
is now in the motor & putting out the burnt dust. I have now installed
a Gore HEPA filter & it is still putting out dust. If I use this same
Gore filter in a 6 Gal Shop Vac that I 'rescued' & carefully cleaned
up, from a dumpster, it doesn't put out as much dust.

Any more insight happily accepted, John