Posted to rec.woodworking
john john is offline

Default Dusty wet / dry vacuum

My apologies if this is not the appropriate group for this topic, but I
have no idea what group is? Any suggestions for the right group to ask
this, gratefully accepted.
Unfortunately there is no "rec.wetdryvacs.tech"

I have a serious problem w/ my CRAFTSMAN WET/DRY vacuum.
It constantly emits dust when in operation. The dust smells like the
burnt dust that goes through any vacuum when it is leaking dust & going
through the motor.
I have numerous allergies & bought this model because it advertised
that a HEPA filter was available for it.
It is a:
CRAFTSMAN WET/DRY PUMP VAC 16 gal/ 6.5 HP
Model #86773-29 (LOOKS LIKE A RED & BLACK 'R2D2')

For dry vacuuming I have always used 4 layers of filters, per the
owners manual.
The CRAFTSMAN Disposable Filter Bag 917893
The CRAFTSMAN professional HEPA filter 917886
The CRAFTSMAN Cartridge Filter (Black Stripe) 17884
The CRAFTSMAN Foam Sleeve
17888

I've used it twice for wet vacuuming. Both times I've carefully
followed the Owners Manual & also meticulously cleaned it out.

I'm hoping to find suggestions for a solution for its dust problem. Or
at least an explanation or some such.

All suggestions gratefully accepted, John