Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.rural,alt.building.construction
[email protected] wrkg_onit@yahoo.com is offline

Default Well Mystery

I have a new well and an old well. The old well is perfectly drinkable
but low production. When I drink from the new well, 250' away, I
suffer intestinal tenderness and bloating, which goes away a few days
after I stop drinking this water. I sterilized the new well and
associated plumbing with bleach before hooking it into the system. The
new well is several hundred feet from the septic. I have tested for
bacteria, at a sink tap, 3 different ways - 2 outside labs and one home
test kit, all tested negative. I tried sterilizing the water using a
pressure cooker at 15 pounds pressure for 20 minutes, and still
suffered the same ill effects. I sent a sample to National Testing
Laboratories who tested for 17 different metals, a handful of anions,
and dozens of organics. No organics were detected, and the metals and
anions were all way below the maximum permissible levels. I have
installed a .5 micron activated charcoal filter in line with the
kitchen sink tap to no avail. Any thoughts?