Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.rural,alt.building.construction
Pat Pat is offline

Default Well Mystery

My guess it that it is some outside contition, like nerves. You
installed the new well for a reason, what was that, afraid of running
out of water or contimination or something? So you only switch for a
reason and the reason is playing on your nerves. The only way to know
is to do some sort of double-blind trial. Have someone else control
your well and see it the problem really comes from the water.

Okay, other possible problem would be residual oil in the pump or water
lines. That will clear, eventually. Also might be natural gas in the
water (are there any wells locally) or possibly radon (but unlikely to
bother you).

Good luck finding an answer.

Pat.

wrote:
I have a new well and an old well. The old well is perfectly drinkable
but low production. When I drink from the new well, 250' away, I
suffer intestinal tenderness and bloating, which goes away a few days
after I stop drinking this water. I sterilized the new well and
associated plumbing with bleach before hooking it into the system. The
new well is several hundred feet from the septic. I have tested for
bacteria, at a sink tap, 3 different ways - 2 outside labs and one home
test kit, all tested negative. I tried sterilizing the water using a
pressure cooker at 15 pounds pressure for 20 minutes, and still
suffered the same ill effects. I sent a sample to National Testing
Laboratories who tested for 17 different metals, a handful of anions,
and dozens of organics. No organics were detected, and the metals and
anions were all way below the maximum permissible levels. I have
installed a .5 micron activated charcoal filter in line with the
kitchen sink tap to no avail. Any thoughts?