Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Labelling wires inside a circuit breaker box

On Nov 25, 9:44 am, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:56:42 -0500, "Smarty"
wrote:

I feel a bit uneasy about leaving paper labels inside my breaker box, andWhy? So you think it's going to burst into flames?

Did you ever notice how romex has the bare wire wrapped in brown
paper? Guess what, that is in your breaker box.....

I don't know anything about the Romex paper. There are chemical
treatments to add substantial fire-resistive properties to paper.
Maybe they added some chemicals, and maybe it's just a brown paper bag
reincarnated. Better safe than sorry. I'd go with the vinyl labels or
the Romex sheathing tags.