Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Labelling wires inside a circuit breaker box

Thanks to all for the excellent variety of suggestions. I was not sure if
code makes paper labeling illegal, even if the real hazard does not exist.
As an electrical engineer, I am occasionally amazed at how bizarre some of
the electrical code rules are, and thought that paper labeling inside a box
was perhaps prohibited.

I like the Romex and Sharpie approach as well as vinyl labels. I'm going to
try both and see which one works better for one of my 8 wires, and then do
the rest using the better looking method.

Thanks for all the excellent help
!

Smarty
wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:56:42 -0500, "Smarty"
wrote:

I feel a bit uneasy about leaving paper labels inside my breaker box, and

Why? So you think it's going to burst into flames?
Did you ever notice how romex has the bare wire wrapped in brown
paper? Guess what, that is in your breaker box.....