Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default TRV with remote sensor

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:29:30 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:58:00 +0000, Graham wrote:

I often wonder how normal TRV's can work effectively, as their sensor is
so close to the source of heat.

I have seen old ones like this
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/TRV.JPG but usually not in domestic
situations.

Does a design with an external vial perform sufficiently better to make
them worth considering, in spite of their aesthetic problems?

I think the point is that _any_ TRV is a huge improvement over a
non-thermostatic valve. The type in the example you show is usually
specified where the TRV itself is likely to be covered by curtains or
suchlike so as to make it almost completely ineffective.

For a remote sensor to give better control over room temperature it
probably ought to be on the far side of the room. The Honeywell system
with even more aesthetically-challenged motorised TRVs is a step in this
direction.

Have you got a reference for Honeywell motorised TRVs? I'm interested to
see what they look like and how they work.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux