studebaker hawk studebaker hawk is offline
Junior Member

Angry

Well folks, I'm back.... I ordered a new flyback, got it yesterday, installed it last night and no more snaps or flashes, in fact, I have no picture or sound at all!!! If I turn the screen knob all the way up I can get a horizontal line across the screen and with the focus knob I can make it fat and blurry or narrow and sharp for all the good that does. I can hear the set click on when turned on, the filiments in the neck of the tube will get orange although I don't believe at bright as before, I can feel some static electricity on the outside of the tube, but no illumination whatsoever and no sound at all through the audio regardless of whether I have a signal or not.

After I got the old flyback removed, I cleaned the excess solder out of the holes in the circuit board so I could place the new one, soldered the connections on the back and replaced all the wires from where they came from (I drew a diagram beforehand). Anyone have any ideas? My solder joints all look good. I figured I'd better steer clear of the Sanyo flybacks so to be on the safe side, I got an ACME brand with a one year warranty from an outfit in Flordia. You folks think it's my screwup or the new flyback??? I don't claim to be an Einstein, but replacing it was pretty much a no brainer. Thanks.