Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On 2006-11-25 11:46:14 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:22:12 +0000 someone who may be John Beardmore
wrote this:-

And of course many would reduce energy use by reducing collection
frequency, just as many would not. We could all have the collection
frequency we wanted.

Though possibly much more duplication and poorer utilisation of
equipment, all of which has to be funded somehow.

Perhaps a year ago I saw three waste lorries heading down Leith Walk
in Edinburgh, stopping in various places (sometimes at the same
place). Two were from different companies and one from the council.
It didn't strike me as a good way of utilising equipment or staff or
road space, though no doubt it warmed the cockles of competition
enthusiasts' hearts.

The simple solution would be for an arrangement that each company
collects in different areas on different days.

That would take a ten year old an afternoon to work out.

For the local authority it would probably take three permanent
employees, a secretary, a consulting firm to go out and remap the area
and someone from Accenture to oversee it all just in case someone needs
to be blamed.