Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:26:47 +0000 someone who may be John Beardmore
wrote this:-

Plastic bottles are OK, but plastic tubs are not (even if of the same
plastic as the bottles).

I just stuff them in anyway to be honest, but I guess the issue may be
contamination with non food grade materials, e.g. PVC with horrible
plasticisers etc, sheet metal e.g. steel coated with cadmium or zinc...

It varies from place to place. Some places accept any plastics of
the appropriate types. The same is true of various types of
cardboard and shredded paper.

When things are different in different places some people whine
about how it should all be standardised to avoid confusion. However,
when things are standardised the same people whine about how they
are straight jacketed by a centrally imposed system.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh