Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:07:56 +0000 someone who may be John Beardmore
wrote this:-

Indeed. Some would rather pay for a monthly general bin collection.

Would be fine for me, though I'm still not convinced that private
contractors sound that great.

It was fashionable at one time. Whether individual householders have
so much time on their hands that they can individually arrange waste
contracts is debatable. I suppose some have, typically the retired.
However, such people would have little bargaining power with the
contractors.

If one wants to involve contractors then the way to do it is
probably to do so collectively, as is done with many other things,
like roads.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh