Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default dog tunneling under chain link fence

Saw a similar one done with some old fencing.
They laid it along the ground, secured it to the bottom of the
installed fence, then watered down the soil and walked on it
to push it down into the soil. That part didn't work as well
as they would have liked, so they let one of the tree cutting
crews dump their chewed-up wood stuff in the back yard.
Took a day to spread it out. Idea was to keep the fence
laying on the ground from being caught by the lawn mower.

After trying to dig near the fence, that dog gave it up.
Also kept there from being such a rut along the fence.
But I do think you could encourage to dog to stay home
with a friend or more house time.

wrote:
Any other ideas? For the time being, dog goes on a 40' tether on one of
those screw in stakes, just to run around the $1200 "fenced in" yard. Grr...

-Karen-

I built a dog run on the side of my garage and had the same problem. I
solved it by putting a section of chainlink fence on the ground and
covering it with a couple of inches of pea gravel. Not only did it
stop her from digging it also keeps her from getting muddy. I rinse it
down with the hose every once in a while and it works great. My dog run
is 6' wide and goes the entire length of the garage with a dog door
going into a pen inside the garage. Not sure if this helps you, but
this is how I solved a similar problem.