Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Phone Lines and Electrical Wiring

Others will tell you different, but I have ran phone, cat5e and Romex all
together. In fact, when I wired my garage, the phone cable (I used cat5e
cable) was ziptied to the main run of Romex cables for the whole garage. No
problems with it at all. My phone cable is brought to my house hanging
underneath the main lines, and people want you to believe that a 120V cable
is going to cause a interference problem. nada!

"JWJWJ" wrote in message
news:92d41fc0e2af8a99ee1153d2da99e2f9@homerepairli ve.com...
On residential new construction, how close can a interior phone line be to
electrical wiring without being affected by electromagnetics? Can they
cross each other?