Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default What is it? CXLV

On Nov 24, 3:46 pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article . net, Lew

Hodgett wrote:
L/A is spending about $1 meg per intersection not only to install
sensors, but also cameras that take a pictures of the vehicle and the
license plate complete with date and time stamp when you try to run a
red light.

Traffic ticket arrives in the mail, stands up in court, and is
expensive, at least by my standards.Here (Saskatoon, Canada), the city installed a red light cam at an

intersection near a new auto mall that they developed and encouraged
dealers to move to. The dealers are now going to court to challenge the
constitutionality of the law, as they're getting the tickets from
customers on test drives running the red.

It'll be an interesting case. Finally there's somebody with pockets
challenging this cash grab.

Keep us posted on that one. I received one of those tickets. I was in
fact at fault, but the assumption that the owner is always the one
driving is not a particularly good one.

It's the usual tune - fine people and the majority will just pay up
rather than take the time and expense to fight it, even if they are
100% in the right.