Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default boiler replacement

In message , Stuart Noble
writes
Handy wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)"
I very much doubt you'd get a figure anywhere near that from BG - in fact
you could more than double it.

Agreed. I was thinking of a firm other than BG. BG charge up to £400
just to do a power flush, which means they sub-contract it and add
their take, so it costs double.

Check the cost of the boiler, add £300-£400 for a straightforward
replacement (or more if it's complicated). Get a list of local CORGIs
from their website and ring round. Tell them what you're willing to
pay, and invite them to drop round if they're interested. They all tell
you they wouldn't cross the road for that sort of money, but a nice
local job on a quiet day is better than nothing, and they all have more
quiet days than they're prepared to admit.

Find out who your local authority uses, might not be the cheapest but at
least you know it's a real company that can do a job to a decent
standard

If you're looking for cover, they can probably offer that to you as well

--
geoff