Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default planning for my new shed, foundation suggestions

On 24 Nov 2006 09:00:24 -0800, "Tater" wrote:

Goedjn wrote:

Well.. What you probably OUGHT to do is
bulldoze out a level spot, lay drainpipe
around the perimeter and every 10' or so
throughout the interior, led out to daylight,
cover that with gravel, sand, and/or the
dirt you took out (depending on what it's
made out of), and then pour the slab on
top of that.

I guess this is the answer I was originally looking for, and is sorta
what i was hoping that i can do. I am sorta hoping that somone here can
point out why i CAN'T do that....

Well.. the chances are good that you could get away with
just digging out a flat spot, pouring the slab, and
putting down a perimiter drain. The trouble is,
you can't be SURE that's good enough without hiring
someone to come look at the actual site. And by the time
you've done that, you'll have spent a good fraction of
what it will cost to just lay the subfloor drainage
anyway.