Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Garage Heat?

"Fred Wilson" wrote in message
. ..
So to cabbage onto this message, what are the thoughts on the propane tank
mounted infrared heaters?

Thanks,
Fred

mgarvie wrote:
I'm getting ready to finish the inside of my garage here in Central
Illinois. I want to be able to heat it comfortably to work in it during
the winter. Figured I should think about heat before I do the wiring
and drywalling. I first thought about using natural gas, but figured
electric would be better when using chemicals and such. Just wondered
what other people out there are using and what to avoid. Any advice?

I personally have avoided the propane route as I tend to find any of it's
odors pretty offensive. Secondly, I've heard it adds a lot of humidity to
the air which is not good. Just what I've heard anyway.
Cheers,
cc