Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Gas vs electric heat

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

I suspect that sticking with gas heat will be far cheaper for
heating than electric.

Agreed, at least in ultimate operating expense.

Heck, keep the space heaters, clean 'em up and they will actually appeal to
MANY prospective tenants. Is there a separate gas meter for each flat? I'm
unsure of the average layout of a "3-flat". We call them apartments or town
homes if multi-floored.

The advantages of electric radiant heat CANCEL the increased cost of
operation. That is, relative ease-of-installation, metering of use, many
individual heating zones, etc. The installation of this type of heating could
be less disruptive to the building than other forms of upgrade.
--

JR