Posted to uk.d-i-y
Zoinks Zoinks is offline

Default Wood burning stoves

Doki wrote:

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message

In article ,
Doki wrote:

We've got a wood burning stove in our house. Or at least, I assume
it's a
wood burner, as the previous owners put it in. What affects what I
can put
in it (ie, can I chuck coal in?) and so on?

You probably won't burn coal effectively unless there is a grate with
a gap underneath it. It it doesn't have a grate, then it's wood only.

It's got a grate and a draught control below it, and also a control to
alter the amount of air going up the chimney.

Keep the bit under the grate nice and clean and you can burn anything,
even old slippers if you want.
I've never heard of a stove glass melting though, I think that may be
from stopes.com.

If it's one of the Morso ones (like he
http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/wood_b...so-stoves.html )
you've got yourself a really good one. With winter coming up, you have
my deepest envy.

Z.