Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] harmen.dekker@ecodis.be is offline

Default Legionella & Flexible Tap Hoses

Flexible hoses are a pain.
Studies have discovered (KIWA in NL) that certain types of plastics are
very suspebtible to bio-film forming
Bio-film forms inside the hose (it will also form in copper but at a
slower rate) and is the feedstock for any bug which passes it. This
results in bacteria growth

When dead ends are not or can not be removed, then reflux of bacteria
remains and chances of catching legioenlla, or indeed other illnesses
via bacteria, will continue to exist.

It is therefore necessary to determine which risk points exist in the
water tubing

One can addionally opt for solving the problem by implemeting
legioenlla preventing techniques.

Merryterry schreef:

For all the 'Ostriches' that flamed me for an earlier posting on this
subject I would like to point them to this address.

http://www.wras.co.uk/PDF_Files/Info...ary%202006.pdf

The Health Protection Agency are investigating an unprecedented rise in
cases of legionella this autumn.