Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Gym Bob Gym Bob is offline

Default Ziller update

Good luck. I was smoothed over by the shipping company with the same
line.

"Nate" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nate wrote:
I recently purchased a 16KW aluminum generator from Ziller
Electric. I
came home from work to meet the shipper and inspected the
package...
cardboard, pallet, etc all looked fine. We carefully placed the
pallet
in my garage and I returned to work. About a week later I decided
do an inventory in order to make plans for installation. After
lifting
the cardboard cover and inspecting the internals, I walk to the
rear
and find that the rear panel is pushed in exactly where the flex
conduit is stored during shipment. Something obviously pushed on
the
rear of the unit and dented the panel and two of the air louvers.

I called Ziller twice and left voicemail both times. After not
receiving a return call, I called a third time and, upon speaking
with
their manager, was immediately told that "I had signed for it". I
asked for a replacement or someone to come replace the panel and
was
basically told to take it up with the shipper. I started to get
upset
at this point and the manager actually started laughing at me on
the
phone. Nice customer service.

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to completely unpack a 500 lb
generator while the shipper is sitting in the driveway but that's
Ziller's stance. I'm in the process of taking this up with both my
credit card company and Generac so we'll see what happens.

I spoke with the owner of Ziller today... very, very nice guy and
completely different experience. He assured me that he would work
with
the shipper and Generac to get this taken care of. He said they
take
great pride in their customer service and reputation. He impressed
me
so much that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

As far as the signing issue, it's been covered in this thread
already
but definitely know what you're signing for... just receiving,
receiving with no apparent damage, receiving with complete
inspection,
etc.

For those of you who provided constructive feedback, thanks again.