Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default inherited gold coins need new locks

Kevin Ramos wrote:
my father-in-law left my wife over 6 dozen gold old gold coins St. Gaudens.
also a big box silver ingots just keeping them now in casa, anywho what
would be a good lockperson to contact or mayby install new entrylocks
myself, we now haves kwikset they dint seem very strong we just dont know
muches about these thngs, ples advice...

Kevin & Kristin Ramos
1290 Trombetta Street
Santa Rosa, CA

Kwikset sucks, plain and simple. some cheap Schlage locksets would be a
dramatic improvement for not much $$$ if you are really nervous go for
Medeco. If these are really valuable coins you may want to go for a
security system; no lock is complete proof against break ins.

Also if you don't have dead bolts consider having some installed. you
can get them keyed to match your lock sets.

good luck

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.