Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Garage Heat?

mgarvie wrote:
I'm getting ready to finish the inside of my garage here in Central
Illinois. I want to be able to heat it comfortably to work in it
during the winter. Figured I should think about heat before I do
the wiring and drywalling. I first thought about using natural gas,
but figured electric would be better when using chemicals and such. Just
wondered what other people out there are using and what to
avoid. Any advice?

Attached or stand along garage? How often do you plan on using it, once
a month or five days a week? How comfortable do you need it?

I would suggest that radiant heat would be the best choice and electric
is likely to be the cheapest to install. If you use it daily, then you
would want gas as it will be cheaper to run.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit