Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tearing up muliple layers of tile that is up to 40 yrs old?

pacmomof10 spake thus:

I was planning on painting my concrete floor after tearing up the carpet
but now that i have torn some of the carpet up, I find that there are
three layers of tile that I can count so far. What is my next option other
than putting down new carpet?

By "tile" I assume you mean linoleum tile, right?

Lessee, some options would be:

o Tear up all layers of tile, paint (lotsa work)
o Carpet over tile
o Lay floor tile (ceramic) over cement backer board over linoleum
o Lay new linoleum after patching top layer of old linoleum
o Lay OSB panels, sand and varnish (cheap & good-looking option)

Other folks can probably think of more.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)