Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Forced air heater and central air

wrote:
My question has to do with the on/off switch to the whole system. Can
you repair the switch yourself if it is not working, by buying a new
switch and replacing it. Or do I need to have an electrician since it
is a major applicance?

When I opened up where the switch is located it made a spark and then
nothing else happend, did the switch burn out?

Please help!

Thank You.

Sure you can replace it yourself, however from what you've said here, it
sounds like with your level of experience you should call an
electrician, or at least get a book on home wiring. This isn't something
to be poking around in blindly.