Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How attach cabinet face frame to carcass?

In article , wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:38:19 -0500, Joe Bemier
wrote:

Which chorus..?

The glue is fine group.

Add my voice to the chorus, too -- and I'll also point out that the
carcase doesn't need to be solid wood, either. Even if the carcase is
melamine-covered particle board, glue-only still works just fine. Before
actually doing this, to test the concept, I glued (Titebond II) a scrap of
cherry to the edge of a piece of melamine PCB and allowed the glue to cure for
36 hours. Then I tried to remove the cherry, first with my fingers, then with
a hammer. The glue joint held, and the wood broke.

--
Regards,