Posted to misc.consumers.house
Lynn Lynn is offline

Default Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor

I'm in process of getting my existing hardwood floors refinished.
There were several spots that needed new wood and that was repaired.
So far, the floors have been sanded, stained, and two coats of finish
have been applied. Yesterday, prior to the workers applying the 2nd
coat of finished, I noticed a board that appears to be broken. I
pointed it out to the workers suggested adding extra layers of top coat
to cause this board to be flush with the rest of the floor. Later than
evening, I checked out the board and it appears to be worse... it looks
like it's starting to buckle. Now if this board was in an
inconspicuous spot, I'd let it be, but it's going to be in a pathway.
Any suggestions on how to repair this without having to redo the entire
floor?