Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lights with low heat output

In article ,
Matt wrote:
I recall seeing some traffic lights being replaced about 5 years ago
with LED's. The old units were partially broken and sat on the grass
verge next to the junction for a couple of days awaiting disposal. At
least one of the light elements, I think it might have been green
although I can't be sure, had a circular fitting that looked like a
fluorescent type.

I would have thought fluorescents not that suitable for constantly being
switched on and off - even the best ones don't always trigger at the same
speed. You'd really need some sort of mechanical shutter to work reliably
- thus decreasing the efficiency.

--
*The longest recorded flightof a chicken is thirteen seconds *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.