Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default The clear success of Part P

Andy Cap wrote:
On 23 Nov 2006 01:50:12 -0800, "Staffbull" wrote:

My take on it is, around here anyway, most people who are trying to get
some minor electrical work done when pricing it have found that prices
have gone astronomical for minor works and the sparkies are ranting
part P for the price hike ( nicel little earner!!) so they are more
tempted to "have a go" and say nowt to local authority.
So for safety its not working, but for making money for some
electricians it is ( not all, before flaming commences)

It was always likely that it would deter many people from updating their gear,
which the vast majority did reasonbly safely and force them back towards using
adapters and extension leads or worse still ignore deterioration indefinitely,
which is all far more dangerous.

Andy

You never know they might backpedal on Part P like the CSA!!!, But part
P hasnt cost them hunderds of millions, oh and there is the NHS
centralised computer system that cost umpteen millions thats in the
process of being scrapped.
All exellent government decisions, Monster Raving Loony party gets my
vote next time as the UK is screwed under the so called intellectual
parties!!
I long for the day Wales is devoluted from the bloody idiots who have
governed our country sine October 2, 1283.