Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default Lights with low heat output

On 22 Nov 2006 21:38:43 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Matt writes:
I recall seeing some traffic lights being replaced about 5 years ago
with LED's. The old units were partially broken and sat on the grass
verge next to the junction for a couple of days awaiting disposal. At
least one of the light elements, I think it might have been green
although I can't be sure, had a circular fitting that looked like a
fluorescent type.

Any side signs (such as a no right turn sign) are fluorescent.

It *looked* like the head off a normal 3 light system, the only reason
I could have been confused on the colour was it might have been
inverted and the front casing surround and coloured filters were
missing completely.