Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring Basement

"Bond" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am just starting to finish part of my basement and just completed
the framing. I would like to install 5 receptacles and some recessed
lighting (6 of them), along with a dimmer switch for the light. My
plan is to create a new cicuit (there is room on the breaker). I am
having problems putting my head around how the wiring will work for the
circuit. Questions I have is can all this be put on 1 circuit? I am
running the wire from the breaker, to the receptacles (in series), to a
light switch, and then to each of the recessed lights ... is this right
method? Any help is greatly appreciated.

No, it is not right. Get a book. Really, it will have some simple diagrams
on how to properly do a layout. Fifteen dollars and a half hour will give
you a good basic education on home wiring.

You should not have the recepticals and light on only one circuit. Plug in
an appliance, trip the breaker, and you are sitting in the dark.