Andy Hall

Default 20 ways to loose money on your house...

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:34:54 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On 26 Jul 2004 09:44:25 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

(Simon) writes:
List, in order, I'm sure you can guess which way up !

[14 lines snipped]

Gigantic sofas, oversized furniture and clutter

Bizarre, given that the old owners will take all this away with them.

They are confusing marketing the property with things that really
would reduce value.

Having said that, having too much/too large furniture in a smallish
room makes it look smaller. It's a question of whether buyers can
see past that or not.

Most can't as the property progs clearly indicate.

I'm not sure that I would take the abilities of people on TV, either
as presenters or as audience as indicative of the populace as a whole.
Having said that, on the very rare occasion when I visit a town centre
(any town centre) on a Saturday, I am reminded that it probably is.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl